Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 2=Dumb face

It doesn't seem to matter what 'Face' I try to make, they all come out looking much the same way: Like that kid in grade school that always had a half sneer/you can't tell me what to do face that you could barely restrain yourself from smacking? Please don't smack me! Even though I have the dumb face, that is my look for today. I try smiling, it looks dumb, I try an eye wiggle, out come the dumb face. We could do this like Dr. Suess; One face two face here comes dumb face....

Went for a walk about outside to peak around the gardens. I love this time of year for this very reason. Every day there's something new poking up.
Dear hubby says I have 3 more hours to percocet time, but I think he's confused, haha.I know I owe you details, and they're coming, but the concentration has to hold a bit longer than,"Try to smile, haha I look like Gomer Pile, hahah..." Maybe tomorrow.

I CAN tell you I hated the hospital and they're hooligans. To me, hospital felt rough, assembly line, listen to the nurses bitch how tired THEY are. I had a very VERY smelly roommate who apparently needed12 people visiting at a time. It's normal if they want to peak at me on the way by, but they would stop and STARE!!Back up and STARE some more! I suggested they take a picture but it probably came out ,"Sutupas, Stupidss.Ya wonno picshure? Piissh offff!" The nurse heard me and kicked them out and gave them a piece of her mind. 'bout time. Hated hospital. Hospital made me cry from being mad, not sad.

~Daily JAW~
Junk :Still feel like choking with the throat nonsense. Keep reminding myself to 'chill' and just breathe.
Assess: You should see the OTHER guy!
Wow: Hubby picked lilacs~ beautiful! And I can smell them ...I think :)

11 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. You are going to be fine, it just takes time. I know it is awful, but you will make it through. I promise. My smile still looks funny, and I want to hide it most of the time, but I know I can't so I just let people stare. They still do even at six weeks post-op. Be blessed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone! You will look beautiful, I promise! I'm looking so good now and I have been for a while. This really hard stuff will be over before you know it, but it is true that the tough times seem to go more slowly than the rest of life! Thanks for posting your pictures. The top one looks like a painting or something, the bottom picture looks good, I can see how wonderful you're going to look (when the swelling subsides and the healing progresses!). It seems like you might just enjoy the process and the 'science' of it! Feel better!
    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! You are so wonderful, Kate! I promise not to call you dumb-face or smack you like I want to smack those kids with the perma-sneer. Those kids always rub me the wrong way. Is the pressure bandage from a genio? I always wonder what those are.

    Feel better, dear! Glad you're home and up and about again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it though! Your hospital stay sounded horrible - idiots with no manners! Still, it must be good to be through with surgery.

    Hope the recovery goes well, as now is the hardest part things will only get better :)

    So what's it like having an overbite for the first time ever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 18, 2009

    I like the way you look at life! I know I am going ot be re-reading what you write when it's my turn for surgery. You do not look as bad as you think....TRUST ME! I can still see the old you under all that swelling. I'm glad that you are able to get up and about. Yuo are going to heal fast I can tell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate, I hope you are feeling better. I like your sense of humour and I know it's going to get you through this.

    Hospitals can be quite a challenge. Sorry your roommate was such a trial and that you felt like you were on an assembly line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there. You are doing good. Sorry your hospital stay was so bad. Thank goodness I didn't have to share a room with anyone. Remember, baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya, and welcome back! You look like a little Keebler elf next to the tree. :)

    I'm glad things have turned out well for you...I know I haven't updated my blog, but will soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooo!!!! Nice pics! You look so cute, all swollen up like that. Sorry that the hospital was such a crap experience.

    Isn't it weird to have that frozen expression! I think after a while your brain stops listening to your face while it's frozen like that, because your face is sending out those "I'm half sneering" signals, but it doesn't match your emotional state. I remember walking outside one night in that frozen-face stage and really paying attention to the expression on my face, thinking "what kind of person has this stiff, downturned, half-drooping mouth" and for a moment I swear I felt kind of like an alien.

    Hang in there, smell the lilacs, take the meds ... it only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and hoping your recovery is going well!! Can't wait to hear from you and see some more pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're doing well over there.... dumb face and all! :)

    Oh, and PS. I didn't comment on the idiots in the hospital - I can't believe that people would be that rude. WHoa!

    ReplyDelete