Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Trust everyone enjoyed pleasant times with family & friends over the Holiday Season! I know I did and if my sluggish disposition is any indicator, it may take just a wee bit to get back to routine. So worth it :)

I'm not really a 'resolution' kind of gal: much build up trying to accomplish too many things which ultimately ends in let down and self-recriminations. HOWEVER...I'm going to try weekly goals starting in little things and building to more that might matter in the grand scheme of things. Due to taking a bit of a hiatus on the teeth documentation front, this week it will be to get a pic up of present alignment. Isn't that lofty? Meh, Not much is going on right now anyways so keeping reference points up-to-date is rather where I'm at. But just wait 'till I get my spacers for rear brackets on the 14th - the weeping and wailing to come have me positively crackling with anticipation.....

OOOh! Kinda funny braces moment during the reveries of New Year's Eve. Apparently a sizable chunk of a Gherkin pickle I'd consumed previously had lodged itself somewhere among my oral bling and become a projectile during a moment of later merriment, landing on the table before me. Imagine the reactions of those around as I calmly proclaimed "Mmmm! I was looking for that!" and popped it back in my mouth. Ha! Embarrassment just makes others uncomfortable (0r triumphant) and who wants that? Hey, it was an accomplishment just to bite into that thing, period.

4 comments:

  1. Hey - thanks for stoping by my blog!

    I see you're just starting out...hopefully we've all been able to give you enough information on our process to help you along thw way. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative writing I must say. I enjoyed familiarizing myself with your story, even though I am now 35 minutes past my bedtime, well thats the typical story when I log on. Well, wishing you lots of luck and great progress as you move forward, oh loved the projectile part!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping a note, Tony & Michelle~ you guys are my mentors so it means alot that you even keep following the rest of us :)

    (Fingers still Xed for the job, Michelle!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, you always give me a good laugh.
    7 1/2 months post op and I'm still always keeping my hand in front of my mouth. (bad habit, I guess) I think I need to relax and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete