Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Suppose I Should Be Happy

My mouth is creating no discomfort whatsoever. Hmph! I'm getting the whole circle of pain, discomfort, excitement, resignation, impatience process I've read about. "You've been moving, don't stop now!!" The only annoyance I find now is with the sheer volume of time it takes to be constantly brushing, flossing, picking. I just might need to get a bigger purse....or dig out an old diaper bag....with which to haul around the exponentially increasing amount of paraphanelia required to stay on top of this. My new best friend? A pocket knife. Cutting everything into bite size pieces is a royal pain in my rear! Now to find a folding fork...

It is exciting to note I can now venture out in public, carry on a conversation, and actually forget I have braces on! The constant awareness of figuring out where my lips should be was a bit awkward for a while. Clever lips..they figured it out all on their own. The fetching lisp seems to have disappeared as well.

I am kicking myself for not taking a good "first day in braces pic" as the changes are kind of cool: that initial up-down zig-zagging wire linking each tooth as a drunken train now a perfectly straight line. Such a boring concept really, except to the train's conductor :) Throw me a bone, these are early days.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea! I'll have to take a picture the first day I get braces (less than a month, now!). Hooe you have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I loved reading your blog, your are too funny.

    Happy New Year!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete