Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Witty Retorts

Question: (voiced with condescending semi-sneer) "Why do you have braces? Must be nice...I always wanted them but couldn't afford it..."

Response: (must be said in sincere, yet off-the-cuff manner)"Meh, my husband has a school girl fetish, so..."

This has proven most effective so far. I have another one, but due to crude content it shouldn't really be shared in such a public forum - you have to be more careful to whom it's expressed as well. :)

Well, I awoke this morning to, um, nothing going on in my mouth. I actually felt guilt over the lack of discomfort the spacers are causing as they seem to be such a nuisance to so many others. (I was kind of looking forward to a good rant concerning this, if I must be honest. I could bond with other agonizers: They GET me!!!) I hope this doesn't mean that they aren't working. How pathetic is that, eh? We get so used to embracing the "no pain no gain" in numerous aspects of our lives that I can't just be relieved at how smooth the sailing thus far; my first reactions are guilt and worry that they can't be doing their job?! Pooey on that!

Woo-Hoo! Spacers are a Breeze! This is great!

4 comments:

  1. I love the response...I'll bet that shuts them up.
    I'm sure the spacers are doing their job, just thank your lucky stars they aren't hurting you in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I may have to steal it once my braces go on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diggin it. I have yet to get the "your lucky" response, most the time I get, "Why'd you get braces?" I just want to pull out my sheet of comparison photos taken periodically over the first 6mths of this FUN...and say "SEE- CAN YOU SEE WHY NOW" But something always tells me to just go with, "Its just what I wanted to do for so long" Chow for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to know your other response.... ;-)


    Also, I totally get what you mean about kind of sort of wanting it to hurt. Not only do I like complaining, but I also feeling like progress is being made and that I'm getting my money's worth!

    ReplyDelete