Monday, December 17, 2007

Treatment Specifics

Okay, Enough of the ranting and raving for a bit. No Ortho blog is complete without the oral details and **shudder** accompanying pictures



None of these glorious full-face shots has me with a teeth closed position. Pictured is my comfortable jaw position. Unfortunately comfort doesn't allow contact between any of my teeth. The closed bite you see stresses my TMJ, but it's the only way I can have contact to chew. I guess I could stop eating...


Note: If you consume coffee in copious amounts and smoke...It will most certainly come back to haunt you. Disgusting.


My assessment is as follows:


  • Lower jaw protrusion


  • Excessive vertical development


  • Negative protrusion of upper front teeth


  • Upper & lower crowding & malalignment


  • Upper midline shifted left/ Lower midline shifted right


  • Tapered upper arch


  • Anterior crossbites, plus crossbites of upper right side


Duh! I could have told them that without making me radioactive and bite into all that bubblegum goo. Ha ha. We've got the official points of reference anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment