Monday, December 17, 2007

By the Way...(Part 3)

What the heck is the deal with people noticing you've got braces, (assuming they don't just take for granted you only want to flaunt your money and pride in striving to obtain straighter teeth-this does seem a popular response) ask what's up, then just start talking about having their wisdom teeth out. Rule #1 people: If you don't care to hear the answer, don't freaking ask me! I'd rather it not even come up at all. At first I would try to clarify but it's kind of hard to due justice via a sound bite and then expect them to understand. But I don't get it. It's as though they're trying to 'one-up' your deal without knowing what the deal even is. It's not a competition or even a beg for pity- It just is what it is.

It is by times making me sufficiently angry. It was a huge step for me even to share with those outside of the immediate family circle in the first place. I've already given up & just let people think what they want & do the old nod & smile while feeling a little bitter inside. I have GOT to let this go! Please tell me it gets easier! I'm thinking of drafting an "Orthognathic Surgery for Dummies" leaflet to hand out. Actually, two. A nicely phrased one for those who would really like to understand, and a scathingly witty one for those that are just butt's (and by this passive-aggressive approach, whether they get that they are being mocked or not, would put just a little bit of bounce in my step. HA~! Oh my, I've reverted to my kindergarten self) I take some measure of solace in knowing this seems to be a common response to others in similar position.
Deep breath in..........now out..........

No comments:

Post a Comment