Thursday, October 23, 2008

Confirmation: Head Not On Straight.

I don't believe I mentioned previous assumptions about a 2 piece Lefort I were bang on?

If you hadn't noticed in the paint-shopped midline pic, I've added this one to further illustrate how my upper jaw isn't an even horizontal plane but on an upward cant to my left (right in picture). This means the upper palate gets 'sawn in twain' as well as the whole thing being removed from my supporting skull. In this way Dr. Sawmaster can lower and rotate each section independent of the other to level this out.


Noooooo, not exactly a$$-backwards..... but proof enough should I ever need an alibi for unclear thought process......


*Sighhhhhh* The latest gap picture. I shouldn't complain actually; it is surely and slowly closing. I'm still mildly annoyed that in spite of the power chain, this space is closing at the peril of new ones opening up on the opposite side. My only comfort is new little spaces should close up faster, Oui?


5 comments:

  1. The new little spaces do close up faster, and if it helps, the surgery seems to sound a lot worse than it feels. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'd better, as that's all I'm waiting for to get this under way!

    I have no doubts it sounds worse, and crazily have had little worry (at this point anyways) about the op itself, just the extreme boredom waiting for it to finally get here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'd love to have my blog listed on yours, and vice versa.
    Will check back soon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start pushing towards closing my darned gaps in my next appointment on Nov 11. NOT looking foward to it.... I'll thinking good thoughts for those gaps closing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate,
    Thank you so much for the intro. What a coincidence!

    After reading through other blogs, I'm really beginning to think the supplementing and Chinese medicine is working its magic... I've been out and about, eating, sleeping, and mostly pain-free. Now I just wish I looked more normal and could go back to delicious chewy food....

    It will be exciting to see when it finally is your time ;)

    Thanks again for checking in with me and giving support - really makes the days go better.

    ReplyDelete