Saturday, June 21, 2008

Random Smatterings

Where does the time go to so very quickly? It's been a MONTH since last posting?? Sheesh! What has happened in the last month....hmmmm.

Well for one, I turned the (like-it-really-means-anything) big 3-0. I spent my whole day shovelling poo out of my barn (congratulations to ME!). Adding insult to injury, while cleaning said barn the diamond from my engagement ring fell out and is lost forever to the poo. Won't lie to you. I cried. ALOT. I know it's just a 'thing', nobody died, yadda yadda. It's knowing the amount of thought that went into the ring; the sentiment and symbolism of the promise held within it. It's not like it was a mammoth rock or anything..but it was MINE! Grrr. Will have to put Cubic Zircona in it for the time being, (shhh don't tell!) but at least it will be wearable till in can be replaced with the real deal.

I continue to be bored with my mouth. The latest adjustment brought surgical wires and a heavy duty elastic spanning the gap where that lower 4th was removed, and a quip that as soon as that gap is closed I'll be ready for the big day. That sounds promising except that it involves moving everything from the back forward on that side, and we all know how quickly (NOT!) molars like to shuffle along. I actually felt the adjustment, (my teeth hurt and everything!), for a full two days ( which is a first), so I was jumping up and down all "they hurt, they hurt! Yay! They're moving!" and then.........nothing. This is one of those patience things we keep hearing about right? As soon as I brush my teeth & have a camera close by within the same hour, I'll pop a pic in.

Kind of drab post, sorry, but I wanted you to know I haven't bailed :)

8 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 22, 2008

    Sorry to hear about the lost rock. I would have sobbed...


    'I'll be ready for the big day', you say; meaning everything will be in place for the big S ?? Fingers crossed, then.

    Mylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 22, 2008

    Congratulations for getting to the big 3-0 .. I'll be there too in 4 months ;)

    Sorry to hear about the ring though. Congratulations for what you've done already with the teeth so far and best of luck from now on :)

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 22, 2008

    And a happy belated birthday, of course; i'm so slow, sometimes. Yay, a fellow gemini! (I think?)
    mylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for your big day just passed!

    Soooooooooooo sorry about your bling, that really is sad. My jewellery was stolen when we lived in the Islands and I was devastated. Insurance paid out, so I could replace it all ... but it just wasn't (isn't) the same and took me months to get motivated to go shopping.

    Good luck with your teeth moving. It can be sooooooooooo frustrating waiting, but it will happen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday Katherine! I hope you had a good one!

    I am so sorry to hear about your diamond. I would cry too. =(

    Pics soon! I wanna see those pearlies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday!!!

    Truth be told, I completely LOST IT a few years ago (hysterical sobbing, yada yada) when my husband accidently threw away my wedding veil. Like I'm ever going to use it again, and it was just collecting dust.... That story was to tell you I think I would have to be admitted if I lost the stone out of my ring. Sobbing is totall okay. More than okay - I think it would be weird if someone didn't cry about it. Terrible :*(

    Whoo hoo, about possibly maybe being close to the big day!! Thinking quick moving thoughts for those pain-in-the-butt molars :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! The big 3-0 eh? Well, I don't even remember turning thirty and I don't feel like I'm going to be 36 either. If it's any consolation my engagement ring broke last year and I haven't had it fixed yet. Not because I don't care but because I keep forgeting. I still have my wedding band on so I guess that's why. Anyway, hope you had a good b-day other than the poo incident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy late birthday!! The big 3 0 is right around the corner for me too. =*(

    Sorry to hear that you've lost your diamond to poop!! Of all things ... poop. WOW. I so want to laugh about that but I would have been crushed too so I shall keep the laughter inside. =D

    ReplyDelete