Friday, May 16, 2008

B-O-R-D BORED!

Does this stack look familiar to anybody else, just a different day? I confess to being rather reluctant to post as there just isn't that much to say right now. I was hoping for something hilarious to happen that could at least keep you folks entertained 'till something of consequence came up....but....
nope. Such small fry compared to the big stuff going on.


Most notably a massive (Al Pacino-Esq) HOO-ah! to Heather and Leah -their surgeries this past Wednesday and today, respectively- and Holly chomping at the bit with just 11 sleeps to go. We're all rooting for you, ladies!


It is nice in slower moments like this to just carry on carrying on as if there is no "someday" looming on my personal horizon; to follow what everyone else is up to and Cheer you on as LOTS is happening, without being too caught up in my own oral issues to try and really hear what you're trying to say. So whether I'm flooding you with comments or all seems silent, I'm most certainly up-to-date with you guys. Please! For the time being, let me live vicariously through you!

Nothing shattering, but I did finally do the old, "So.......how are things moving?....Are we on schedule...." all nonchalant-like and merely mildly interested, to my OD at the last adjustment. Trust me, inside I was shaking him by his Gap button-down polo 'till HIS teeth moved, screaming "Tell me,tell me, TELL ME NOW!!!!" *sigh* the restraint nearly killed me ~ My
fellow orthodontees were silently directing Oscar nods my way. THAT relaxed.

Anyhow, he informed me things are moving right on schedule and June 3rd I graduate to my Surgical wires and...wait for it...elastics! Yay, me. Arches, as whacked as they appear & feel, are nearly where they want them, so focus will be switched to finally closing the downstairs, yawning hole where my tooth used to be. I'm stuck with these glorious mid-lines until they're rearranged on J (jaw)-Day.

July will usher in more bubblegum goo (It's been a while, so I've almost missed this delicacy) to make my first braced impressions to be sent to the Surgeon. I loved hearing this part (but still looked cool, promise, no outward drooling with excitement) as it reaffirmed that there is a surgery going to be in here somewhere; they hadn't forgotten the god-like being who's to both shove Humpty off the wall AND put her back together again.

5 comments:

  1. glad to hear that you're making progress toward the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katharine, loved hearing from you again, yes you have been very quiet. For a time there I was worried about you...but you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katherine! I was so excited to see a new post! I've been wondering, what's happening in Katherine's mouth these days? It doesn't really matter how much you post though. You comment a lot, which is enough for me as I know you're still reading and keeping up with all of us. I really appreciate the support. =)

    Glad to hear everything is moving along as planned. Is it starting to sink in yet? When they starting giving me dates for surgery prep and surgery, I had an overwhelming feeling of reality wash over me. It's still here! Sometimes I feel like I need a sedative, or to turn to the drink! hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so amazing! Thank you for helping me remember why I started all this and why it's important to keep going. You have an awesome talent at putting things into words. Thank you for being such a good friend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank guys :) HaHa, it tends to be feast or famine with posting, that's for certain; between the rest of life (how dare it interfere!) and a desire not to be redundant it can be difficult in these middle days. Notice I didn't say 'early' days?!

    I'm not freaking just yet, Holly, as it still seems a ways in the future. Molds are just to re-asses how MUCH more it needs to be. I'm still conservatively figuring on Nov/Dec. You guys are all going to be done with this nonsense, BOO! Who's going to kick my keister when I need it?!

    I am getting mocked for the cleanliness of my house though, as the more I think about it, it's like that nesting instinct kicks in, and I'm DEF not preggers again..that would drive me off the deep end! There are moments of panic though. I've already purchased and squirreled everything away for post-surg,right down to the baby-Einstein baby toothbrush ( used it already to see if it made me smarter...NOPE!) Man I talk too much!

    Michelle, you are SOOO welcome *hug*.

    ReplyDelete