Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Uh-Oh.

You know how everybody talks about how easily braces come off when this is all said and done? How, with just a bit of prying ~*POP*~ those suckers just snap off and the ortho is holding the wreckage, in one piece, in his hand? Must have been one crazy night 'cause i woke up holding a line of train track in my hand....pulled those suckers right out of there.













APRIL FOOLS!!!

Not that anybody actually believed me, but it was worth a shot!!
(Cue *Wahh-wahh-wahhhhhh* sound clip)








So, I've been known to comment on the glorious, oh-so-trendy affects of various vices on dental aesthetics. Witness exhibit A:





Obviously, giving up such all-round destructive vices is the logically brilliant plan (Please don't message me on the virtues of quitting.......I am well-versed in the art of whacking myself repeatedly over the head with a 2X4 for my shortcomings!) however, there are times a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. In this case, it was (carefully) tooling a standard sewing needle between my teeth to gently scratch off the stains. Witness exhibit B:

Yes, I should (and will.......honest!) most likely make an appointment pretty soon for an actual official cleaning anyways, but this most certainly makes it easier to look at in the meantime!
Cleaning at Dentist: $120.
Sewing Needle (20pk.): $2.
A Little Creativity: Priceless.





7 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I noticed that you have messaged my blog earlier! I have read yours before and it is much of the reason of why I started mine! I am now 11 weeks post op and everything is back to normal!
    I love the way that you tackled those stains. It is clearly effective!

    AND cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to say I've never done it.... Except mine was with a dental scraper you can get at the grocery store. Nice way to be cost effective - using the sewing needle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! lol I believed ya! Good one. I was like.. "wha?" I don't think a sewing needle will get the stains off of these chedder cheese teeth. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did too! Now I have to ask, what tricks did you pull on your kids??

    The teeth look nice... whatever works, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get scrapers OTC!? Good night, how have I not found them? I'm on a mission now~needle might be cheap but the thought of slip-ups make me sweat!

    Hee! I actually wasn't too harsh on the kids...they're getting way too quick witted and I'm already having to watch my back with their pranks! Monkey see, monkey do, and I've armed them for a lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thanks for the post. Your blog is super informative and interesting. Thank you for stopping by. I plan on stopping by your more often.

    ReplyDelete