Sunday, December 14, 2008

Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes...

I got to play this popular children's game at my Ortho Appointment on Tuesday! ~*claps enthusiastically, jumping up and down*~. How often do YOU get excited enough to break into song while sitting in that chair with someone elbow deep in the bowels of your mouth?

Ah blast~ I'm yanking your chain. The game WAS played.... albeit in reverse fashion... but was neither fun nor exciting. In fact, more than bringing back delightful childhood memories it more closely resembled doing a reverse crunch: Knees pulled up tight to my chin, rocking back on my shoulders till all that was in contact with the chair is my head, trying with all my might to accomplish 3 things:

  • keep head immobile
  • ensure plumber butt has not become a wind sock
  • keep knees out of poor technician's face.

They love me. All she was doing was trying to close my bracket doors. Freakin' Frick that hurt!

For whatever unknown reason it was decided to put the powerchain under the wire which made for a tighter fit to get the brackets closed. Couple this with teeth in active movement (particularly around the "thing" we're trying to close up) equals: For cryin' out loud, lend a lady some support behind the teeth you're pushin' on! I want the recently-debraced-tech next time. She KNOWS!

Children in the chairs to my left & right leapt up (remembering some essay they forgot to complete the night before? a spelling bee they just couldn't bear to miss? A reenactment of the latest Bratz episode at recess?), ran out the door in search of these educational pursuits, yelling "Mom! We're outta here!"over their shoulders, mumbling about rescheduling as soon as they could fit it in.... pansies!

I might play again next time, just for fun!


3 comments:

  1. Ouch!!!!!

    Bet it hurts, poor thing.

    But at least it might mean you'll be rid of 'It' sooner rather than later.... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Sounds like you had quite the appointment. Hopefully the thing-that-shall-not-be-named will no longer be a "thing" after all of that!!

    You are SO RIGHT about the recently-braced technicians (and orthodontists, as mine is currently braced) being more gentle and understanding about the entire process.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding!!! A few times I've almost stuck my finger in there myself because I was afraid the tooth was about to snap off.

    ReplyDelete