Saturday, February 7, 2009

Anticip-p-p-p-PAtion!

As a rule, I am not one of those people who likes surprises. To clarify, I am not one of those people who likes surprises when I know somethings coming. If it happens out of the blue, there is no awareness that anythings up? That's fine and dandy and I will be full of glee (or weep & wail and get over it) accordingly. But tell me to "wait for it!" and watch me unravel: Accelerated heartbeat? Check. Rapid breathing? Check. Say 'hi' and watch me jump 10 feet in the air? Check. I. Like. Game plans. Even if the plan is to be spontaneous: totally kosher, as long as we're clear that we're being spontaneous.

Why am I rambling about surprises anyways? Well, I'm such a patient soul (harHar!). Ever since those molds were taken I've been doing the whole, "Does the surgeon call me to come in? Does he call the Ortho who calls me to call the surgeon? Do I call the surgeon?" Worst fear was waiting for a phone to ring that was NEVER going to ring. So of course I did the calling. First to the Ortho to make sure molds had been sent. She assured me she had personally couriered them & they should arrive at destination chop-shop by Friday. That it was totally acceptable to call and set something up if I hadn't heard anything by the middle of next week.

Of course, my brain interpreted this as "D'uh! If he'll have them Friday, I'm calling Friday!"

I did. And lovely Tanya was amazingly patient with me. Those models had just marched in the door. Know when the next date is for a re-consult? April 6th! Know what the best thing is since sliced bread? A cancellation list! Guess what sweetness and all thing light gets you? A spot at the top of it! What will be the death of me in the meantime? Waiting for that phone to ring.

The moral of this circular tale: Always be nice with the one controlling the appointment books. When my phone rings, Tanya's totally getting cookies.

12 comments:

  1. You're awesome Kate! I love it, cookies for the receptionist that makes things happen. My fingers are crossed for you, or better yet, I'm going to pray this will happen soon!!!

    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!! What a nice surprise! Things are moving along for you now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (all kate call kate call kate)If we all concentrate hard enough, Kate will get moved to the top of the list.

    Kate, you make me laugh. I love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is why I'm so frustrated with the surgeon. I guess I annoyed the receptionist by calling too much. :( I can't tell you how many times I was told that I'm going to get a call back and nothing happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally know that "waiting for a call" feeling. Argh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooohoo! Sounds like things are moving along nicely. Man, I remember a time when I wasn't jealous of other people because they had a SURGERY DATE...
    I hope they'll call you back soon anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any phone calls lately? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm crossing my fingers for you ... what a nice "surprise" a cancellation would be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I call them once a week~ they told me to call whenever I want to keep my name fresh in their minds. "Whenever I want" would be morning & night of every single day, so the restraint of the weekly call is darn near doing me in, haha.

    Nothing yet! Computer crashing and kids all sick is making it easier to ignore to a certain extent.... TRYING to ignore.....MUST ignore...G'ah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So weird... you were some how deleted off of my blog list when I added you to my "follow" list... If you noticed, it was not on purpose :)

    Still hoping for your DATE! (And earlier than mine, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deeply crushed, Steph, and the tears, OH the weeping *sob*

    Just kidding, silly goose.

    I'll have my date by this day's end though....
    Off to leave an excited comment on your blog, heehee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's soooo close! Its 50 days from today. You'll be joining the other jedi knights on the other side before you know it!

    ReplyDelete